KUPPET Raises Concern over Alcoholism Among Teachers

KUPPET Raises Concern over Alcoholism Among Vihiga Teachers And Has Petitioned Government to Establish a Rehabilitation Centre. 


The Kenya Union of Post-Primary Education Teachers (Kuppet) has petitioned the government to create a rehabilitation center for teachers suffering from alcoholism in Vihiga County.

According to the union, the number of cases of teachers battling with alcoholism in the county has increased, and immediate action is needed to address the situation, which could impede student learning. It claims that the center will provide therapy at a reduced cost.

According to the union, at least 27 teachers suffering from alcoholism were unable to receive treatment in rehabilitation centers outside of the county.

For the past three months, the affected teachers have been unable to raise the Sh100,000 required for rehabilitation, and now face interdiction and possibly dismissal.

Also read,

Dp Ruto’s Speech at Kibaki’s Burial almost disrupted after Rowdy Woman Ran To VIP Dias [VIDEO]

Bread Prices Shoot Up

Kibaki’s Mang’u Report Card Shows His Brilliance in High School

KUPPET Raises Concern over Alcoholism In Vihiga

KUPPET Vihiga branch executive secretary Mr. Sabala Inyeni said five teachers had been interdicted because their alcoholism had led to the desertion of duty.

Only one affected teacher had managed to raise Sh90,000 and is in rehab in Eldoret after the union topped up the remaining Sh10,000.

“This year alone, we have already lost two teachers to alcohol-related deaths. We have to be candid enough and admit that we need a rehabilitation centre within the county,” said Mr Inyeni.

He noted that the union is working with a rehab centre in Eldoret but the charges were high.

Teachers in rehab pay 90 percent of the Sh100,000 fees and the union covers the remaining 10 percent.

“We believe this cost can significantly come down if an initiative to put up a rehab centre within the county is undertaken,” Mr Inyeni said.

KUPPET’s plea comes several months after education stakeholders and officials in Vihiga raised concerns about the growing number of chang’aa dens around some schools.

KNUT Vihiga branch executive secretary Maurice Chalenga said at least six chang’aa dens were operating near a school in Sabatia sub-county.

Also read,

Uhuru Had Settled On Eugine Wamalwa But Not Ruto For Running Mate Position in 2013 

Chelsea Now Seriously ‘Considering’ €80m Defender After Poor Displays, Fabrizio Romano

Follow us

FaceBook

Telegram 

Yoast SEO

Toggle panel: Yoast SEO

Focus keyphraseHelp on choosing the perfect focus keyphrase(Opens in a new browser tab)Get related keyphrases(Opens in a new browser window)

Google preview

Preview as:Mobile resultDesktop resultUrl preview:afrinewske.com › 2022 › 05 › 02 › kuppet-raises-concern-over-alcoholism-among-teachersSEO title preview:KUPPET Raises Concern over Alcoholism Among Teachers – …Meta description preview:

May 2, 2022 - KUPPET Raises Concern over Alcoholism Among Vihiga Teachers And Has Petitioned Government to Establish a Rehabilitation CentreSEO titleInsert variableTitle Page Separator Site title SlugMeta descriptionInsert variableKUPPET Raises Concern over Alcoholism Among Vihiga Teachers And Has Petitioned Government to Establish a Rehabilitation Centre

SEO analysisGoodKUPPET Raises Concern

Add related keyphrase

Track SEO performance

Cornerstone content

Advanced

Post Settings

Toggle panel: Post Settings

  • Post
  • Block

The Kenya Union of Post-Primary Education Teachers (Kuppet) has petitioned the government to create a rehabilitation center for teachers suffering from alcoholism in Vihiga County.

According to the union, the number of cases of teachers battling with alcoholism in the county has increased, and immediate action is needed to address the situation, which could impede student learning. It claims that the center will provide therapy at a reduced cost.

According to the union, at least 27 teachers suffering from alcoholism were unable to receive treatment in rehabilitation centers outside of the county.

For the past three months, the affected teachers have been unable to raise the Sh100,000 required for rehabilitation, and now face interdiction and possibly dismissal.

Also read,

Dp Ruto’s Speech at Kibaki’s Burial almost disrupted after Rowdy Woman Ran To VIP Dias [VIDEO]

Bread Prices Shoot Up

Kibaki’s Mang’u Report Card Shows His Brilliance in High School

KUPPET Raises Concern over Alcoholism In Vihiga

KUPPET Vihiga branch executive secretary Mr. Sabala Inyeni said five teachers had been interdicted because their alcoholism had led to the desertion of duty.

Only one affected teacher had managed to raise Sh90,000 and is in rehab in Eldoret after the union topped up the remaining Sh10,000.

“This year alone, we have already lost two teachers to alcohol-related deaths. We have to be candid enough and admit that we need a rehabilitation centre within the county,” said Mr Inyeni.

He noted that the union is working with a rehab centre in Eldoret but the charges were high.

Teachers in rehab pay 90 percent of the Sh100,000 fees and the union covers the remaining 10 percent.

“We believe this cost can significantly come down if an initiative to put up a rehab centre within the county is undertaken,” Mr Inyeni said.

KUPPET’s plea comes several months after education stakeholders and officials in Vihiga raised concerns about the growing number of chang’aa dens around some schools.

KNUT Vihiga branch executive secretary Maurice Chalenga said at least six chang’aa dens were operating near a school in Sabatia sub-county.

Also read,

Uhuru Had Settled On Eugine Wamalwa But Not Ruto For Running Mate Position in 2013 

Chelsea Now Seriously ‘Considering’ €80m Defender After Poor Displays, Fabrizio Romano

Follow us

FaceBook

Telegram 

Please follow and like us:
Pin Share

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest Articles

RSS
Follow by Email