Confusion after DNA confirms body recovered from lake not missing Wajir MCA

DNA confirms body recovered from lake not missing Wajir MCA, Yusuf Hussein
DNA confirms body recovered from lake not missing Wajir MCA, Yusuf Hussein.
Two DNA tests have revealed that the body recently recovered from Lake Yahud is not that of Della Anole Ward Representative Yusuf Hussein Ahmed.
This was confirmed Thursday by his family, who said pathologists confirmed the result is negative.
The DNA outcome further deepens the mystery surrounding the disappearance of the MCA who went missing on September 13 after it was reported that he was abducted in Nairobi by unknown people.
Two pathologists were involved in the case, a private doctor hired by the family and a government doctor.
They took samples from the mother of the missing legislator, his two brothers, and tissue from the body currently preserved at Wajir Hospital Mortuary.
“The results show that the body is not his,” a family source said.
The unidentified body at the Wajir mortuary, which is six feet and two inches tall, is of Somali origin.
The body was not burned and no body parts were chopped off, according to the pathologist, but due to decomposition, some parts appear badly damaged.
The cause of death was determined to be blunt force trauma to the face, which led to internal bleeding in the head.
News details emerge over brutal murder of Wells Fargo HR Manager
Why Safaricom is involved in SHA; Peter Ndegwa
Kenya’s democracy is at risk without IEBC commissioners; U.S. Embassy warns
Kiambu Senator Karungo wa Thang’wa proposes 4-year term limit for president
KRA to track new mobile phones for tax compliance
Earlier reports that the MCA’s body had been found caused tension in Wajir and led to locals protesting against security agencies in the county.
Earlier, the family revealed to NTV that the abducted MCA had been summoned by the Wajir County Security and Intelligence Committee (CSIC) chaired by Mr Karuku Ngumo, the County Commissioner.
Mr Ngumo has since denied the claim despite a letter allegedly signed by him on August 6, 2024, asking the MCA to appear before them on August 6, 2024, to discuss “issues touching on security.”
Mr Hussein was abducted in Nairobi while being driven in a taxi. Mr Wambua Kioko, the taxi driver, told the police that armed men alighted from two unmarked Toyota Land Cruiser Prados which blocked their way and forced the politician out of the vehicle.
The identity of the body at the mortuary remains a mystery.
Also read,
Ruto orders French company to leave over road tender
Ruto defends Ksh95 billion deal between KETRACO and Adani Group
Kioni walks out of live interview over Farah Maalim controversial remarks on Gen Z
Ruto ally reveals many failed attempts to save impeached DP Gachagua
The body of JKUAT student retrieved from Makueni river
Gen Z ranked as among the top heroes in Kenya – Infotrak Poll
Follow us