April 3, 2025

Government announces construction of safe houses over femicide cases

Government announces construction of safe houses over femicide cases

Nairobi Governor Johnson Sakaja has announced that his administration is in the process of constructing safe houses for victims of gender-based violence (femicide cases)

Nairobi Governor Johnson Sakaja has announced that his administration is in the process of constructing safe houses for victims of gender-based violence (femicide cases).

Speaking during a church service in Nairobi on Sunday, Sakaja revealed that the county has already built a safe house in Gigiri. “We are building safe houses, and we have one in Gigiri already. Please do not hesitate to seek help when you are abused,” he urged.

His sentiments were echoed by Nairobi Women Representative Esther Passaris, who called on the government to establish a dedicated police unit to ensure that perpetrators of femicide face the full force of the law.

“We need a squad to deal with femicide and sexual gender violence,” said Passaris.

ODM will form the next government’ – Peter Kaluma

Government deploys 70 ICT experts to help expedite health scheme rollout

Government revokes licenses of 426 companies, including 26 TV and radio stations

Mathira MP sends message to Gachagua after he asked MPs to ‘rush’ Coffee Bill

Two robbers killed after shootout with police in Kilimani, one escapes

DAP-K announces exit from Azimio Coalition

Their statements come amid rising concerns over the increasing number of femicide cases in the country.

In a related incident, detectives in Nairobi launched an investigation on Saturday following the discovery of a severely mutilated body near Lang’ata Cemetery. The remains, which consisted primarily of bones, were found dumped at the site, shocking the local community. Preliminary examinations indicated that the bones appeared to have been boiled, with flesh meticulously removed.

Last week, President William Ruto directed the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) to take decisive action against those responsible for the alarming rise in femicides and murders in the country.

“We must deal decisively and firmly with them,” he stated. He also urged Kenyans to exercise caution when interacting with strangers, emphasizing the need for heightened vigilance to ensure personal safety.

Also read,

‘I am a man on a mission’ – Ruto says as he defends government projects

Interior CS position should be given to a Luo; MP Kaluma

KUCCPS announces limited slots in 29 KMTC courses; How to apply

Nelson Havi reveals his monthly salary serving in government after Miguna attack

Babu Owino gives update on Blogger Aoko Otieno whereabout

Follow us

FaceBook

Telegram

error: Content is protected !!