ODM addresses reports of calling for investigations into Raila’s alleged assassination plot

ODM Chairperson Gladys Wanga has refuted the authenticity of a letter circulating online calling for investigations into Raila's alleged assassination plot that purports to be from her office
ODM Chairperson Gladys Wanga has refuted the authenticity of a letter circulating online calling for investigations into Raila’s alleged assassination plot that purports to be from her office.
The letter, addressed to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), alleges an investigation request into claims of an assassination plot against Raila Odinga.
In an update on social media on Sunday, January 26, Wanga described the letter as fake, warning Kenyans to remain vigilant against disinformation.
The false letter had been crafted to appear official, complete with a signature and the ODM letterhead.
In the fake letter dated January 23, the party chair reportedly requested the intervention of DCI following Kapseret Member of Parliament Oscar Sudi’s remarks in a video clip on January 20.
“In this video, Hon. Sudi insinuates that the Former Deputy President, Rigathi Gachagua, allegedly discussed, during a meeting at Serena Hotel, a plan to “eliminate” Rt. Hon. Raila Odinga as a means of ending the Maandamano protests,” part of the fake letter read.
“The gravity of these claims cannot be overstated. The suggestion that the Deputy President may have been involved in the orchestration of an assassination plot against a leading opposition figure is an extremely serious matter, not only threatening the safety of Rt. Hon. Raila Odinga but also undermining the very fabric of our democracy.”
This comes barely a week after President William Ruto’s senior economic advisor Moses Kuria disowned a fraudulent Facebook account that falsely claimed to represent him.
In a statement on Wednesday, January 22, Kuria clarified that the parody account, which operates under his name, is not associated with him or his office in any way.
Gachagua alleges Ruto’s plot to disband Supreme Court
Sonko offers to educate 3-year-old boy whose father was stabbed to death in Mathare
Uhuru’s Jubilee Party announces its presidential candidate ahead of the 2027 general elections
EACC arrests DCI officer while soliciting Ksh20K bribe to alter investigation case
TSC warns of 2-year jail term and Ksh100,000 fine for Kenyans teaching without license
“It has come to my attention that there exists a parody account on FB under the Hon Moses Kuria. I wish to clarify that this account is not affiliated with me in any manner. This account is fraudulent and misleading. I hereby disown and denounce any association with this unauthorized account.
“It is imperative to note that any statements, opinions, or information attributed to this account are not representative of me or my office,” he said.
On Wednesday, January 15, Public Service Cabinet Secretary Justin Muturi also flagged a Facebook page purporting to be his.
In a statement, Muturi clarified that the post, which has been widely shared on social media, did not originate from him.
“It has come to my attention that a pseudo account is circulating false and malicious statements in my name. Let me clarify that my official Facebook account is verified, and any communication from me will always come from that platform.
“I do not engage in the kind of behavior exhibited by this impostor account; such actions are beneath the dignity of my office. Those attempting to tarnish my reputation through these means will not succeed. I urge the public to disregard any communications from unverified sources,” he said.
Atwoli responds to reports of using President Ruto for survival
Ruto changes State House Nairobi roofing structure to a flat roof
I can’t criticize Ruto’s government – CS Wandayi
Register as voters to liberate Kenya; Gachagua tells young generation
EACC arrests Kenya Power official for demanding Ksh.300K bribe to reconnect electricity
Follow us