April 3, 2025

Quickmart Supermarket breaks silence over theft of KSh94.9M by Wells Fargo employees

Quickmart Supermarket breaks silence over theft of KSh94.9M by Wells Fargo employees

Quickmart Supermarket says the loss of KSh94.9M under the Wells Fargo employees will not impact on its operations

Quickmart Supermarket says the loss of KSh94.9M under the Wells Fargo employees will not impact on its operations.

Quickmart Supermarket has allayed fears among stakeholders and members of the public regarding the Ksh94 million allegedly stolen by Wells Fargo staffers while in transit. 

The supermarket acknowledged the aforementioned financial loss in a statement on Wednesday, stating that the security company was in charge of it.

“Quick Mart Limited wishes to Lend some clarity regarding the recent loss of approximately Sh94.9 million, allegedly involving Wells Fargo staffers. We want to clarify that the monies were under the custody of the Wells Fargo Security firm at the time of the incident,” the Supermarket said.

The supermarket clarified further said that the financial loss would not have an impact on its operations.

Such finances are often protected against such losses, according to the company.

“Quickmart Supermarket, as a reputable homegrown company insures its finances against such incidents,” the supermarket said.

“We would like to assure all our relevant relations that his occurrence will not disrupt our daily operations.”

The company added:

“Investigative authorities are actively working on resolving these issues, as we remain dedicated to serving our customers and partners with integrity and dedication that defines our brand.”

TSC suspends Principal of Nyambaria High School that topped KCSE 2022

Looming impeachment motion against CS Moses Kuria

EACC arrests THREE businessmen after police reject their KSh1.7m bribe

Ruto ally clash with CS Kuria over Gov Kawira Mwangaza impeachment

“Can’t do anything over high fuel prices,” President Ruto

The statement by Quickmart came amid a widespread debate sparked by the news of two Wells Fargo employees who took off with the Ksh94 million. 

According to a police report on Monday, November 6, two men working with the private security firm had been tasked to transfer the money from a vault in Nairobi to a bank in the CBD. 

At the time, the duo reportedly left without the escort of Administration Police officers who are usually attached in the transit of money. 

On Tuesday, however, the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) revealed the identity of the two suspects and assured that its detectives were working to trace them. 

According to the DCI statement, the suspects at around 6 am on Monday sneaked the truck from Wells Fargo’s Nairobi offices shortly after the money box was loaded, leaving behind the police escort car that was waiting to be flagged off. 

Also read,

El Nino to last until April 2024; WMO

Romanian ambassador to Kenya replaced after racist remarks

Why fuel is more expensive in Kenya than in neighbouring countries (Tanzania); EPRA

KRA to conduct door-to-door rental income sensitisation

DCI arrests suspect shot by fellow gang member

Government warns CEOs of parastatals defying Ruto order

Follow us

FaceBook

Telegram

error: Content is protected !!