April 3, 2025

Seven foreign nationals abducted in Nairobi, Kenya

Seven foreign nationals abducted in Nairobi, Kenya

Seven foreign nationals (a Briton and six Turkish were on Friday abducted in Nairobi under unclear circumstances

Seven foreign nationals (a Briton and six Turkish were on Friday abducted in Nairobi under unclear circumstances.

The incident happened in the Kileleshwa area while the foreign nationals were driving to their office in the morning hours.

One of the victims Necdet Seyitoglu who is an education consultant in Nairobi said after being abducted, they were taken around for at least eight hours.

“It happened in the morning around 7:30 am, a white vehicle blocked our way and four men armed with guns jumped into our car,” Seyitoglu narrated to the Standard.

Adding that, “They covered our faces and took us around for eight hours, they took away my mobile phone and a laptop,”

He said the car that blocked them was a white Jeep while they were in an office van.

Seyitoglu claims the abductors refused to identify themselves if they were police officers even though they were dressed as civilians but only asked them what they were doing in the country.

Kalonzo, Wamalwa fault ODM conduct during Gachagua impeachment

Government initiates interventions for challenges witnessed in SHA registration

MPs approve the nomination of Kithure Kindiki as new Deputy President

Gachagua files petition in court to challenenge his impeachment

Another former MP is dead

Ruto nominates Kithure Kindiki as Deputy President

Former MP dies in hospital

“After the ordeal, I was dumped in an unknown location and one of the gunmen gave me Sh1,000 and ordered me to board a matatu as they proceeded with my colleagues,” Seyitoglu added.

Seyitoglu said it took him about an hour to trace back to their office in Kileleshwa where he arrived around 4:30pm to start tracing his counterparts who were still missing at the time.

Meanwhile, the vehicle which they were driving in was traced to Kilimani police station.

The incident had been highlighted by ‘Trend rights’ on their X account stating the seven kidnapped were the members of the Gulen movement in Kenya.

Their advocate Mukele Ngacho told the Standard the matter had been reported at Kileleshwa police station via OB 12/18/10/2024.

Also read,

Gachagua nearly suffered stroke during impeachment trial; Wamalwa

High Court suspends Gachagua impeachment, appointment of new DP

‘He’s weak’ Kalonzo issues update after visiting Gachagua in hospital

Why Gachagua chose to face his impeachment case head-on; MP Gakuya

Rigathi Gachagua security scaled down after impeachment

‘Why are you this heartless’ Malalah message to Ruto after visiting Gachagua at Karen Hospital

Follow us

FaceBook

Telegram

error: Content is protected !!