April 3, 2025

Thomas Tuchel confirms Marcos Alonso on verge of Chelsea exit

Thomas Tuchel confirms Marcos Alonso on verge of Chelsea’s exit as he closes his move to Barcelona before the transfer closes.

Marcos Alonso is closing in on a move to Barcelona as Xavi continues his summer spending spree.

According to Chelsea head coach Thomas Tuchel, left-back asked to be omitted from the Chelsea team against Everton on Saturday matchday.

90min revealed on Friday that Barça were confident of concluding a deal for Alonso this month, and suspicions that a deal was close were raised when Alonso was not named in Chelsea’s matchday squad for their season opener on Saturday.

Thomas Tuchel confirms Marcos Alonso Chelsea exit

After the 1-0 victory for the west Londoners at Goodison Park, Tuchel declared that Alonso had requested to depart and was therefore not included in their traveling party.

When asked if Alonso had asked to leave Stamford Bridge, Tuchel said: “That is the case. He tries to leave and we agreed to this wish. That’s why it would not have made sense to put him on the pitch today.

“He would’ve been on the pitch otherwise but in this situation, it was the right thing to do.”

Alonso, who has made 212 appearances since joining Chelsea in 2012, could have been in line to start at Goodison Park but told manager Thomas Tuchel he did not want to play.

While Alonso is looking to leave Chelsea for Barcelona, Cesar Azpilicueta has shelved his own plans of moving to Camp Nou.

The Blues captain penned a new two-year contract with the club earlier this week, bringing an end to Barça’s immediate interest in him.

Also read,

Chelsea in panic buying after multiple transfer blows

Chelsea opens direct Frenkie de Jong transfer talks with Barcelona; what it means for Man Utd

Chelsea’s huge contract decisions preventing the club from making ideal transfers 

Follow us

FaceBook

Telegram 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!