Former IEBC commissioner laments over fresh Ruto-Raila talks

Former IEBC commissioner, Abdi Guliye in the last 2022 August polls says he feels betrayed over fresh Ruto-Raila talks
Former IEBC commissioner, Abdi Guliye in the last 2022 August polls says he feels betrayed over fresh Ruto-Raila talks.
Speaking in an interview on Monday, July 31, former Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) complained that the proposed talks between the two leaders were a mockery for the IEBC institution and the electoral process.
Guliye questioned why they had to put in so much effort for the two leaders to consider the possibility of working together to rule the country or share power.
“The Commission deployed in excess of 400,000 personnel across the country (during the August 9, 2022, general election. You spend a lot of time and thereafter you do not respect the outcome. It is a mockery of democracy,” he complained.
In addition, Guliye, one of four IEBC officials who announced Ruto’s victory, commented that elections in Kenya were turning into an unnecessary expense, particularly if contestants would contest results after every cycle.
“Kenyans need to decide whether they want a competitive election or have political barons sit under a tree or State House and agree on how to share power,” the former IEBC commissioner noted.
Niger coup leader suspends export of uranium and gold to France amid escalating animosity
Kenya receives KSh5.7bn of support from Sweden and the EU
Insider claims of fallout in Azimio over Ruto Talks
HELB launches new website for loan application; How to apply
Guliye thinks that the talks are intended at attaining power sharing or a coalition government, despite the fact that the administration and opposition have indicated that they do not desire such an arrangement.
During the interview, the former commission reaffirmed their prior claim that they had been coerced into announcing a particular candidate.
They asserted, under the leadership of former chairman Wafula Chebukati, that powerful and senior members of the government attempted to rig the outcome of the fiercely contested election.
Guliye has proposed that the election should be split into two to ensure peace and stability after the elections.
According to him, the presidential and county elections should be held separately.
Also read,
Mother cries as her TWO sons succumbs to police brutality in Nyalenda
France planning to attack Niger presidential palace to free Bazoum, coup makers
DP Gachagua accused of lying to the world over successful school feeding programme
Follow us