April 3, 2025

Slain Molo activist Richard Otieno’s wife reveals last conversation with him

Slain Molo activist Richard Otieno's wife reveals last conversation with him

The late prominent Nakuru youth leader and activist Richard Otieno's wife has disclosed that she held a phone conversation with her husband moments before he was murdered

The late prominent Nakuru youth leader and activist Richard Otieno’s wife has disclosed that she held a phone conversation with her husband moments before he was murdered.

Speaking to the media on Monday, January 20, Margaret Mwihaki explained that Otieno had called to inform her to open their gate as he was coming home.

However, Mwihaki noted that when she went to open the gate, she realised that it was already opened and she went back to the house. 

“He called me and told me to open the gate because he was coming home. Before I reached the gate to open it, I found it was already open and so I went back to the house. When I got to the bedroom, I heard someone screaming. We later found out it was Richard. He was lying on the floor and had deep cuts on his head,” Mwihaki told the press.

Gachagua hosts Maa leaders at his Wamunyoro residence

Kenyatta University introduces 5 free IT courses; How to enroll

Fire breaks out at Moi Girls High School, Nairobi

Government has the capacity to switch off people who misuse social media; CS Kabogo

Speaker Wetang’ula slams MP Salasya over remarks on SHA in front of Ruto

Peter Salasya rants over SHA and NSSF in front of President Ruto

Otieno was rushed to the hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.

His wife claimed that days before his death, some unknown individuals followed him while he was going home.

Otieno’s family alleged that he had been receiving threats even as they called for justice for their slain kin.

The National Police Service (NPS) has not commented on the incident yet.

Otieno was killed on Saturday night, January 18, after being reportedly hit with an axe by unknown assailants.

His death sparked protests by Molo residents in Nakuru County on Sunday, January 19, who called for justice over the incident.

Also read, 

Trump to sign orders ending diversity programs, proclaim there are only two sexes

Government announces plans to hire additional 6,000 teachers

How we foiled 3 impeachment plans against Gachagua; Oscar Sudi

SHA is efficient in both private, public hospitals– Ruto’s senior advisor

Kenyans are not foolish; Wamuchomba slams Kioni over Uhuru pact with Ruto

Kenyan Photographer Polly Irungu announces exit from White House

Follow us

FaceBook

Telegram

error: Content is protected !!