We won’t allow your citizens to evacuate to Egyptian territory until humanitarian aid is allowed into Gaza; Egypt to US

Egypt sets conditions for the exit of US and foreign citizens from Gaza; not until humanitarian aid reaches Palestinians
Egypt sets conditions for the exit of US and foreign citizens from Gaza; not until humanitarian aid reaches Palestinians.
Egyptian authorities have refused to allow US citizens and other foreign nationals to enter Egyptian territory through the Rafah border crossing on Saturday.
The authorities insisted that the border crossing must also facilitate the entry of humanitarian aid into Gaza, according to AlQahera News, a state-owned Egyptian news channel.
The AlQahera News channel reported that “the Egyptian authorities reject the idea of using Rafah border crossing for the exit of only foreigners from Gaza.”
“The Egyptian position is clear, and requires facilitating the entry and passage of aid into the Gaza Strip,” the channel quoted Egyptian sources as saying.
Palestinian Americans are awaiting the opening of the Rafah border crossing between the Gaza Strip and Egypt on Saturday after the US State Department sent instructions to their families on Friday telling them that the crossing “may be open” on Saturday afternoon.
An email from the U.S. State Department told them the sole border crossing with Egypt “may be open” for a five-hour window later that day, from noon to 5 p.m.
“If you wish to leave Gaza you may want to take advantage of this opportunity,” the message said.
Governor Ndeti weeps, slams Ruto over Athi River homes demolitions
Raila, Kalonzo condemn demolition of homes in Machakos following Ruto order
Kenya Airways forced to respond following reports of pilot operating for EIGHT years without licence
Stop attack on Gaza or Israel will suffer ‘a huge earthquake’: Iran foreign minister
Israeli retaliation attacks Kill 2,269 Palestinians with 9,814 wound in Gaza; Report
The U.S. government had negotiated a deal to allow American citizens to leave Gaza and cross into Egypt during the five-hour window, U.S. officials said Saturday.
But Palestinian and Egyptian officials failed to communicate about opening it, an official at the border said.
By the end of the day, no one had been able to cross.
Wael Abu Omar, the Palestinian spokesman for the Rafah crossing, said Palestinian officials had not had any communication with their counterparts on the Egyptian side.
Israel, meanwhile, has said it would strike any trucks coming across the border, especially trucks carrying fuel, and other humanitarian aid.
Also read,
US to deploy second Eisenhower aircraft carrier near Israel amid Gaza escalation
Keep off Brian Mwenda case; LSK to politicians
Matatu Owners Association responds after fuel price increase
Inside President Ruto THREE day visit to China
Chief of Defence Forces (KDF) Francis Ogolla apologizes to President Ruto
Uproar as Israel orders evacuation of hospital in Gaza, “We cannot leave sick to die”
Follow us