Ruto allied leaders open up on Uhuru’s silence since the announcement of presidential results
Ruto allied leaders have opened up on Uhuru Kenyatta’s silence since the announcement of presidential results by the IEBC.
President Uhuru Kenyatta has remained silent and has not been seen in public since his deputy William Ruto was declared President-Elect in just concluded elections.
It is also alleged by Ruto’s allied leaders that Uhuru has not congratulated William Ruto after the IEBC declaration.
In addition, while speaking after he was announced as the President-Elect, Ruto admitted that he was yet to speak to Uhuru Kenyatta while also saying he had already had a talk with Azimio leader, Raila Odinga.
Ford Kenya leader Moses Wetang’ula who is also a principal in Ruto’s Kenya Kwanza coalition has told Kenyans not to worry about President Uhuru Kenyatta’s silence as he exits office.
Spoking on Wednesday, August 17 at the deputy president’s official residence in Karen, Wetang’ula said Uhuru’s silence does not matter urging president-elect William Ruto to focus on serving Kenyans.
“People have been asking me why our outgoing president is silent. And I have been telling them not to worry about it. If he says anything or not, it doesn’t matter. The people of Kenya have spoken. They have cast their votes. They have made their decision,” Wetang’ula said.
“Mr president the demonstration you have shown of your capacity to work around the clock is called upon to work even more because we have to change this country and put it where it belongs. We want to get rid of the state capture and give back the country to its people and move to the level where nobody feels they are invalid,” he explained.
Also read,
US delegation scheduled to hold talks with Uhuru Kenyatta, William Ruto, and Raila Odinga
Ruto to amend parliament standing orders as ANC nominates Mudavadi for the top job
President-elect William Ruto promises freedom of expression on social media
Follow us