February 22, 2026

Sifuna accuse airport authorities of sharing their flight details with Interior ministry

Sifuna accuse airport authorities of sharing their flight details with Interior ministry

Sifuna accuse airport authorities of sharing their flight details with Interior ministry

Nairobi Senator Edwin Sifuna has claimed that the flight details of a political brigade he was leading to a rally in Kakamega on Saturday were shared with the Ministry of Interior.

According to the legislator, the commercial airline they booked their flights with shared their itinerary, breaching safety protocols.

“We were all booked on commercial flights from JKIA. The Airlines shared our itinerary with the ghouls in the Ministry of Interior knowing full well they were endangering our safety,” he wrote on X.

The embattled Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) Secretary General also intimated that the security breach led to the deployment of goons at the Kisumu International Airport where they were scheduled to land from Nairobi. 

Sifuna said that they got wind of the security breach and were forced to change their destination. Reports indicate that the team landed at the Kakamega Airport.

He now demands a response from the Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) on the assurance of safety for passengers transiting through the Kisumu airport.

“How they allowed goons to barricade the airport needs to be explained,” he added.

He maintained that he will not relent his mission of transforming the nation as he furthers his nationwide Linda Mwananchi tour.

Babu Owino weighs on whether Linda Mwananchi will field a presidential candidate in 2027

Edwin Sifuna suspends Linda Mwananchi tour in Mombasa

Uproar after woman arrested over social media post, mother dragged from school

One person killed during Linda Mwananchi rally in Mbale

Teargas canisters were lobbed at the rally in Kakamega, however not deterring the political top shots from addressing their supporters.

“We will not escape today, we are not going anywhere. Throw some more,” he said as part of the crowd briefly scampered for safety before converging again.

Sifuna was flanked by Embakasi East MP Babu Owino, Siaya Governor James Orengo, Vihiga Senator Godfrey Osotsi, Kisii Senator Richard Onyonka among others, who declared that their nationwide mobilisation drive would continue despite political resistance and earlier security concerns.

Western Regional Police Commander Isaak Mahoud had said that authorities had not been formally notified about the rally, noting that information about the event had only been obtained through social media.

“There are allegations that tomorrow we will have a rally led by Nairobi Senator Edwin Sifuna. His faction and team want to make a rally at Amalemba, that is what we got through social media,” Mahoud said on Friday evening.

He emphasized that no official request for police assistance had been made to his office but assured that security would be provided if necessary.

Uhuru Kenyatta declines planned visit by youth to Ichaweri

KRA reacts to viral video of Kenyan Prince flaunting millions

Gumbo declares 2027 Siaya governor bid as Oburu welcomes him back to ODM

‘Leave if you’re uncomfortable!’ Oburu tells off Sifuna-led ODM faction

Follow us

FaceBook

Telegram