Update: six-month-old baby and mother succumbs rising Nakuru-Eldoret highway accident death toll to 11

Nakuru-Eldoret highway accident death toll rises to 11 as more casualties succumb to injuries
Nakuru-Eldoret highway accident death toll rises to 11 as more casualties succumb to injuries.
The number of casualties in the early Monday accident on the Nakuru-Eldoret highway has risen to 11.
This is after five more people succumbed to injuries.
While at the scene of the accident earlier on,
Nakuru County police commander Samuel Ndanyi had earlier said eight people had died on the spot following the accident.
Rift Valley Provincial General Medical Superintendent James Waweru said among those who died at the hospital were a six-month-old baby and its mother.
He said another child was admitted in critical condition after being hit on the head during the 3:30 am road crash that involved a matatu and a truck.
“The mother of the child in hospital is also admitted with two broken legs among other injuries,” Waweru said.
Waweru said the hospital received seven people from the accident three of whom were pronounced dead on arrival.
Outrage after Mandera Governor awards relative Ksh 400K bursary to study abroad
Eight dead after early morning grisly road accident
Mombasa Port to be concessioned to private investors; Ruto
DP Gachagua claps back at CS Kuria, reveals genesis of their fallout
Miguna sides with Raila Odinga for the first time
Kenyans troll government after US YouTuber MrBeast drills 52 boreholes in Kenya “Embarrassment”
The accident involved a matatu which was heading towards Nakuru direction and a truck that was heading towards Eldoret direction.
The vehicles were involved in a head-on collision at the Ngata stretch.
The Ngata stretch of the the dangerous Soilo-Salgaa stretch of the highway has been identified as a black spot having experienced numerous fatal accidents every month.
While the matatu driver died, the truck driver is yet to be located.
The truck driver fled the scene immediately after the accident adding that police were searching for him.
Also read,
Police IG publishes list of 19 suspected terrorists, gives them SEVEN-day ultimatum
Casual worker evicted from government house over lack of payslip
Ruto break silence over alleged China debt trap for Kenya
Israel minister says dropping ‘nuclear bomb’ on Gaza is a ‘possibility’
President Museveni breaks silence after cutting fuel imports from Kenya
Ranking of best performing MPs in Kenya as Salasya tops among young lawmakers
Follow us