Kenyan diplomat’s son accused of defiling minor in India sneaks out of country

Kenyan diplomat's son accused of defiling minor in India sneaks out of country
The son of a Kenyan diplomat who was recently accused of allegedly defiling a minor in India has reportedly left the Asian country without facing trial.
According to the Hindustan Times, an Indian publication, the diplomat, whose identity remains unknown, left for the country alongside his embattled son after President William Ruto’s administration ended his job in India.
The decision to leave India comes nearly ten months after the diplomat’s son was first accused of defiling a 5-year-old girl inside a school bus in August 2023.
Addressing the Indian press on Wednesday, April 2, the victim’s father revealed that the country’s authorities informed him that the diplomat had since left the country alongside his son.
“We were informed by authorities last week that the accused and his family had departed India. This is deeply disappointing, as we believe he had assaulted at least six minor girls,” the victim’s father said.
He, however, noted that despite the incident, the daughter was doing well and that the minor’s learning institution had since been changed to avoid a recurrence of such.
A source privy to the information also revealed that despite the heinous act, the son could not be arrested due to diplomatic immunity, which protects diplomats from being arrested or prosecuted in foreign countries.
Kimani Ichung’wah heckled in front Of President Ruto in Nyandarua (Video)
Ruto announces gazettement of new Nyandarua University in Mt Kenya
The turnout during Ruto’s Mt Kenya tour shows he still enjoys support- Waiguru
PSC grants academic waivers for chiefs, assistant chiefs in marginalised areas- Murkomen
IG Kanja issues update on missing Kenyan police officer in Haiti
The source further disclosed that the Indian government, on several occasions, asked the Kenyan government to waive the diplomatic immunity to pave the way for the prosecution of the accused, but Ruto’s administration has been reluctant to do so.
The latest development comes weeks after protests erupted in India on February 7 outside the school where the 12-year-old diplomat’s son committed the act.
While demonstrating, the protesters accused the Indian government of allegedly failing to take action despite being informed about the incident when it first took place.
“He sexually abused her in August last year. This has happened twice. One day, she complained of frequent urination, and we took her to a doctor. Two doctors confirmed that she had been sexually assaulted,” the father’s girl lamented.
“We went to the school and informed them. They called all students who travelled on the bus, except the accused. We were told that he was on a field trip,” he added.
Body of a Multimedia University student found dumped inside a water tank
US government imposes a 10% tariff on Kenyan exports
Moi University announces mass staff redundancy
Ruto responds to claim of being a clueless president
SHA to start deductions from mobile money
Government to appeal court ruling on school fees collection via eCitizen
Follow us