June 14, 2024

Klopp uncertain new Liverpool deal will influence Salah and Mane decisions

2 min read

Klopp uncertain new Liverpool deal will influence Salah and Mane decisions

Jurgen Klopp has said his decision to sign a new Liverpool deal is unlikely to be a “decisive” factor in the futures of Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane, who are both out of contract next summer.

Klopp on Thursday agreed a two-year contract extension committing him to the club until 2026, as revealed by The Athletic.

The extension ends speculation over his future, but question marks remain over Salah and Mane, whose deals expire at the end of the 2022-23 campaign.

“You have to ask the boys,” Klopp replied when asked about their futures. “If it’s (me signing a new deal) is a positive sign for the boys, great, but I don’t think it will be decisive.

“That’s more of a question for the boys, to be honest. But it’s all fine, I really think they are both great. They have more things to think about than the management, but it’s an important thing.

“I have a great relationship with both boys.”

Also read,

Liverpool ‘make contact over Aurelien Tchouameni move’

Premier League Turns Down Liverpool’s Request

Egypt international Salah has one year remaining on his contract. Earlier this month he said he was uncertain about his future and emphasised that negotiations are not “about the money”.

If he does not agree new terms with Liverpool, the 29-year-old will be able to speak to foreign teams about a free transfer from January.

Africa Cup of Nations winner and player of the tournament Mane is also yet to pen a new deal. His current contract also expires in the summer of 2023.

Both players have been monumental in Liverpool’s fight for the Premier League title.

Between the two of them, they have scored 36 goals and provided 16 assists this campaign. Liverpool are one point behind league leaders Manchester City.

They have also been key figures in their Champions League run. Mane was assisted by Salah in their 2-0 win over Villarreal in the first leg of their semi-final on Wednesday.

Klopp confirmed Liverpool will be without one of their other key players Roberto Firmino for this weekend’s game against Newcastle.

Klopp said: “Kostas (Tsimikas) and Curtis (Jones) had a couple of issues. Kostas is back but Curtis is not yet back. Bobby will not be ready for tomorrow either. He hasn’t training yet. But that is it.”

Also read,

‘Anfield is hell, the worst stadium I’ve been to’; Villarreal midfielder

Liverpool have secret Salah successor plan in place

Follow us

FaceBook

Telegram 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!