TSC issues a list of teachers not eligible for the ongoing recruitment process and the reasons
The Teachers Service Commission/TSC has released a list of teachers who are currently ineligible for employment.
Additionally, the Commission has listed a number of deterrents to hiring teachers.
Unexpectedly, several applicants for listed TSC positions submitted fake diplomas.
Other candidates didn’t fulfill the conditions for TSC recruiting, other than utilizing fraudulent certifications.
The list that is available to this reporter includes each applicant’s name, TSC number, and teaching specialty. Along with the teachers’ specifics, the employer also lists the justifications for terminating their job.
Justifications TSC provided for rejecting the instructors’ job requests:
- Using forged copies of degree certificate,
- Failing to meet the minimum requirements for teacher qualifications,
- Applicant previously employed by TSC dismissed and removed from the teacher register,
- Failing to meet the TSC minimum grade and teaching subjects requirements,
- Some applicants were missing from their respective universities’ graduation lists,
- Having differing names on academic documents, among other reasons.
The Commission asks the recruiting panels to be more keen to avoid scenarios where undeserving applicants are given the TSC jobs.
“Kindly check on the reasons for disqualifications and ensure the academic transcripts are carefully scrutinized to avoid a repeat of similar mistakes” reads a note by TSC.
- ensure that the:
- i. Exercise is fair and transparent.
- ii. Successful applicant (s) on the merit list fill out the Application for Employment form.
- The Secretary of BOM should ensure the Application for Employment form is correctly filled by the successful applicant without any erasure or defacing
- The completed form(s) together with the other relevant documents should be submitted to the TSC County Director’s office. The TSC County Director, upon verification and ensuring that the requirements are fulfilled, will submit the recruitment documents to the TSC Headquarters within the stipulated timeline.