-9.3 C
New York
Saturday, February 4, 2023

Buy now

Mass exodus with N’Golo Kante among 12 facing the chop in Chelsea’s summer transfer window

Chelsea’s summer transfer window plans are ongoing with 12 players, among them N’Golo Kante, facing the chop.

Following their Club World Cup victory, Chelsea could make significant changes in the summer transfer window.

With up to 12 players potentially on their way out of the club, Thomas Tuchel has a number of decisions to make this summer.

Following their victory at the Club World Cup, the Blues are still celebrating their newfound status as World Champions.

It’s Thomas Tuchel’s third prize in his short time as Chelsea manager, and Roman Abramovich looks likely to back him again in the summer.

According to the Telegraph, Tuchel will be given funds to improve his current squad.

Jules Kounde is said to be a ‘priority target’ while another central defender may also be bought.

Chelsea’s summer transfer window plans

While additions are expected, the report suggests that a number of players may be leaving.

In talks with Antonio Rudiger, Andreas Christensen, and Cesar Azpilicueta about their contracts, which expire in the summer, little progress has been achieved.

The latter two are being strongly linked with moves to Barcelona, while Rudiger is garnering interest from a lot of clubs all around Europe.

Chelsea will ‘listen to any offers’ for Kepa Arrizabalaga, Ross Barkley, and Ruben Loftus-Cheek, according to the reports.

Kepa wants to play regular football and appears to be on his way to finding a new club.

Loftus-Cheek made his Premier League start in December, but he hasn’t played since, while Barkley has only been in five Premier League games this season.

Christian Pulisic, Timo Werner, and Hakim Ziyech are also claimed to have “doubts about their futures.”

Werner is said to be attracting interest from German clubs, despite the forward still battling to find his best form in west London.

Since Tuchel’s arrival last year, Ziyech and Pulisic have both played minor parts for Tuchel’s team.

N’Golo Kante, Jorginho, and Marcos Alonso’s contracts are slated to end in 2023, therefore the club will reportedly ‘consider about their futures.’

Kante’s injury-plagued season continued, with the 30-year-old starting just 11 Premier League games.

Jorginho is a fixture in Chelsea’s midfield, but he has been linked with a return to Italy on several occasions.

This season, Alonso has been called upon to fill in for Ben Chilwell, but there are reports that a successor for the Spaniard will be signed this summer, indicating that he could be on his way out.

Also read,

Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel reveals what he told Roman Abramovich after Chelsea FC win

Follow us

FaceBook

Telegram

Stay Connected

0FansLike
3,692FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe

Latest Articles