6.4 C
New York
Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Buy now

Villagers in shock after grave is vandalised twice parts of ‘exhumed’ coffin are dumped by the roadside

A family in Nakuru appeals for help after kin’s grave vandalised twice with parts of ‘exhumed’ coffin are dumped by the roadside.

Residents of Bagaria village in Lare Njoro in Nakuru County have appealed for help from security agencies after the grave of their kin was dug out by unknown people on Tuesday night. 

Family members said this was the second time in a span of a week that the incident had happened. 

They claimed they awoke on Tuesday to find the dug-out grave with Rose Njeri’s body exposed from within.

The family said the grave had been desecrated with the sand indicating that it had been dug up adding that their were footprints around the grave. 

“We were shocked and did not know what to do. We don’t know whether the remains of our dear mother are still intact, we did not sleep at night. We do not know if they took the body with them and dumped it elsewhere,” she added.

During the first incident last week, Njeri’s family claimed that the assailant dug out the coffin and stole the lid, which was later discovered discarded near the Bagaria River.

The family claims they have tried in vain to obtain a court order to exhume their relatives’ bodies in order to determine what happened in the last two incidents.

Man jumps from overpass onto busy Thika Superhighway in a suicide attempt

Google celebrates ‘Ahmed’ the elephant born in Kenya in 1919 known for his big tusks

CBK raises base lending rate; the highest since 2012

UK increases salary requirement for immigrants applying for work visas

Ruto receives 1.5B from the US after securing Ksh 38B loan from India

Family members said they need to raise Sh75,000 to obtain a court order for the exhumation exercise to ascertain if the body is still there. 

“We just plead with good Samaritans to help so that we get a court order for the exhumation. If the remains of our kin will be there, then we will be at peace, if not, we will live with it for the rest of our lives,” 

Area chief Mr David Githiga confirmed the incident adding that investigations have been initiated.

“The family has been advised to wait for the police to complete investigations into the incident. We have never witnessed anything like this before. It’s very strange. Nothing will be done until a court order is issued,” he said. 

Meanwhile, residents and family members have decided to cover the grave once more, but this time with concrete to ensure it is not tampered with.

They said that in the absence of police officers or government officials, they will lay a concrete slab on the grave and guard it with crude weapons until it sets. 

Also read,

Kisii MPs in a near fight during a press conference after one of them defends Ruto over Nyakang’o arrest

Foreign Affairs PS calls out Senate Speaker over diplomatic blunder on Somaliland

Namibian President under fire for taking his FOUR children to COP28 

Raila breaks silence over the arrest of Controller of Budget Margaret Nyakang’o

Follow us

FaceBook

Telegram

Stay Connected

0FansLike
3,913FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe

Latest Articles