April 6, 2025

Another social media influencer, Bernard Kavuli abducted in Ngong after X comment

Another social media influencer, Bernard Kavuli abducted in Ngong after X comment

Social media influencer, Bernard Kavuli abducted in Ngong after X comment on 2007 post-election violence

Social media influencer, Bernard Kavuli abducted in Ngong after X comment on 2007 post-election violence

In yet another incident of abduction in the country, a family in Ngong, Kajiado County is living in fear after their kin, 24-year-old Benard Kavuli was kidnapped at a petrol station in Ngong town on Sunday evening by four armed men.

Kavuli’s abduction is linked to his activities on social media pages with the latest posts on his X platform criticizing the government while highlighting issues related to the 2007 post-election violence witnessed in the country.

The fourth-year Journalism student at Mount Kenya University (MKU) was among X users who engaged in a discussion about the events of the 2007 PEV.

At a Petrol Station in Ngong Town, CCTV footage shows Benard Kavuli’s last known before being kidnapped.

CCTV footage from the petrol station captured a white probox driving inside and Kavuli was walking beside it unaware that the occupants were on a mission to cut short his journey to his sister’s shop.

Within seconds he was grabbed by two men, before being forced inside the vehicle and the vehicle sped off towards Nairobi.

“I last talked to him on Sunday around 6:40PM. I called him from home to come to Ngong, he agreed. When it was 7PM and I could not see him I became worried,” said Kavuli’s sister Mary Kavuli.

She says she tried to reach him but his phone had been switched off.  It was at that moment that Mary sensed danger and alerted family and friends who confirmed receiving reports of a case of abduction in Ngong town.

“We could not sleep that night. Early morning we headed to Rubis where we were told it was him. We went to the DCI who asked us to come to check the CCTV footage,” Mary added. 

Majority of Kenyans won’t celebrate this festive season; poll

Controller of Budget warns of rising public debt as Kenya’s borrowing exceeds 55% mark

Defence ministry bears the largest share of Sh17 billion pending bills; CoB

Oscar Sudi slams Morara Kebaso over criticism of Kasmuel

Man arrested as remains of woman of Kenyan decent found in car in US

How government spent Ksh1 billion on foreign travel in 3 months; CoB report

Scola Mwende, Kavuli’s other sister said that the area OCS was informed of the incident, adding that the car’s number plate was KCA 379R.

“We have been in despair since Sunday. We don’t know who took him, we can not celebrate Christmas. Our mum has become ill because of this,” said Scola.

Kavuli’s abduction comes a day after Peter Muteti and Billy Mwangi were also kidnapped in a similar fashion by four armed men in Uthiru and Embu respectively.

The two have been missing since they were taken by armed men on Saturday. Exclusive CCTV footage captured two men abducting Muteti while he was paying for items at a supermarket in Uthiru.

The 22-year-old is yet to be traced.

The abductions have been condemned by the Law Society of Kenya (LSK) President Faith Odhiambo who blamed the police for perpetrating injustice against Kenyans which violates human rights.

LSK has demanded police officers desist from absurd, repressive tactics witnessed in 2024, as Odhiambo has called for an immediate release of those abducted or they be arraigned to answer charges if any.

Also read,

Three dead after vehicle veers off road, hits pedestrians in an accident in Mariakani

Russian ship under US sanctions sinks after engine room explosion

A group of youthful Nyanza lawyers criticise Gachagua over illicit brew remarks

CS Duale slams Gachagua after controversial remarks on Ruto’s administration

Details of Ruto meeting with African Union Chairperson (AUC) Moussa Faki in Narok County

Government issues warning on noise pollution during Christmas festivities

Follow us

FaceBook

Telegram

error: Content is protected !!